Open Hours for Confession during Lent
Open hours (i.e., no appointment necessary) for Individual Confession and Absolution will be offered each week during Lent. The times are:
- Saturday, March 19 - 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 21 - 6:15 - 7:15 p.m.
- Thursday, March 31 - 12:30 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 7 - 5:45 - 6:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 12 - 5:45 - 6:45 p.m.
Confessions are heard in the church, at the altar rail. The pastor is bound by a solemn oath never to reveal what is confessed to him.
To prepare for your confession, read through the Ten Commandments in the Small Catechism. If you have the Treasury of Daily Prayer, you will particularly benefit from pp1458-1462.
If you would like to make confession and receive individual absolution, but the above times are not convenient, contact Pastor Esget or the church office to make an appointment.