Alumna Profile: Caroline Yates
"I have had an amazing year at West Potomac High School. Besides doing well in all my honors classes, I managed Girls Volleyball in the fall, and I am currently managing Girls Soccer. Managing is a ton of fun; I get to handle all the paper work, keep the game book/stats, and I am counted as part of the team. I have also continued learning piano and participating in Girl Scouts by doing community service projects."
1. What year did you graduate from ILS?
I graduated from ILS in 2014.
2. Where are you in school now?
I currently attend West Potomac High School.
3. What is your favorite memory of ILS?
My favorite memory from ILS is from when our class went to Hemlock (Hemlock Overlook Regional Park). We had a ton of fun, grew as a class, and made a lot of memories we will not forget.
4. What is one thing about ILS that prepared you well for high school?
One thing that ILS prepared me for best was the use of logic and structure in my writing.
5. What did you learn at ILS that has stuck with you?
ILS taught me how to be an organized, critical thinker, and how to live and model a Christian lifestyle.
6. What do you love to learn about?
I love learning about Biology.
7. What do you think it means to be well-educated?
I agree with Aristotle. I believe that to be well educated means that you can think about and consider something you may not agree with, without automatically disregarding it. I think that it is equally important to be able to convey your thoughts in writing.
Post a Comment
Comments for this post have been disabled.